Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wild times at Devil's Den



our humble abode


the brothers and their girls
Coco and Sophie

The famous Glamour Shot in her new camping vest and headband I knit!

baggo
Stella's shirt: "Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink" -Bukowski


Sassy, Coco and Sophie

Stella and Grammy and the campsite
Just got back in to town from our camping trip this weekend at Devil's Den. I am sitting down to blog only after taking a much needed shower! I was a little scared to use the on-site showers. Can you blame me? Anyway, Stella went out with her Grammy and Grandpa on Friday while we went to Shogun with our friends for Taylor Claxton's birthday. We showed up on Saturday morning and set up our tent right next to Stella's mini Dora tent (her "fort") and Al and Kathy's camper. Trevor and Jesse and Brett and Janice were also there and set up their tents across from us. We listened to the game and fished in Lee Creek, where I slipped in my Chacos and busted my a** on a rock! I have a nice big knot on my foot and a little bit of a bruised ego to show for it. Later, we were over at the campsite and Stella was pulling Coco around on her leash. Stella was looking behind her at Coco and laughing when (BRACE YOURSELF) Stella ran straight into the iron fire pit and busted her chin on the rounded edge of the grill. OH my GOD! I was so freaked out! I really thought that her lip was cut straight through. Luckily, I got her calmed down quickly and saw that everything was fine... she does have a little bruise on her chin and a cut inside her lip. Poor baby!! After a loooooong nap, we cooked dinner and had some drinks by the campfire. Taylor and Jerrick came out and we all sat around making smores (I had four by myself, eesh) and telling old stories. My husband has always been a wild one, the way his mom and dad tell it. Now I see where Stella gets it! We put baby to bed and spent the rest of the evening singing every Alabama, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and Hank Williams Jr. song we knew, accompanied by Brett's guitar playing. So much fun! We all had a great time, and I can't wait to go again. But next time, I am taking an air mattress and a first aid kit!

1 comment:

In This Wonderful Life said...

what a fun time!!! glad the little accidents didn't hurt you guys!! :o)